Just east of the Providence River and downtown Providence, Evergreen House Health Center has easy access to everything the state has to offer. For a day trip, we suggest:
- WaterFire is an art installation and show that occurs annually. It features bonfires floating on the Providence, Moshassuck and Woonasquatucket Rivers, music and shows in the area.
- Roger Williams Park features historic buildings, seven lakes and a zoo. Visitors can also visit a museum and planetarium, many trails, a botanical garden, a casino, a carousel and a large playground.
- The Providence Warwick Convention and Visitors Bureau includes information about the cities Providence and Warwick, Rhode Island. It also includes information about attractions, restaurants and events in each city.
- Discover Newport has information regarding Aquidneck Island, where many influential people vacation. This visitors bureau has links for things to do, shopping, dining and events happening in each of the nine cities on the island.
- The East Providence Historical Society manages a number of historical buildings, sites and museums, dating back to 1641. The majority of these attractions are houses owned by early pilgrim settlers.